What You Learn
- -> Which low-cost sewing tools help improve the quality of your sewing
- -> Features to look for in your sewing machine specifically for sewing clothing
- -> How to interpret all of the information sewing pattern envelope
- -> Key terms and information to focus on in a sewing pattern instruction booklet
- -> How and why you should create a fabric swatch booklet to keep up with your soon-to-be growing fabric stash
- -> Introduction to fitting techniques
- -> How to choose the right pattern size for your body
- -> How to confidently shop for fabrics online and in-person
- -> How to prepare your fabric for the best sewing experience
- -> How to sew an easy knit top
You do not need any supplies to get started. As we work through the fundamentals of the course, you will be armed with the right information to choose your sewing machine, pattern for your project, and fabric.
We will use Simplicity 1463 in the course, however, if that pattern is unavailable, a beginner pattern with minimal pieces, like our Madison cardigan, would be ideal.
This is a pre-recorded virtual workshop. After purchase, you will receive a link to quickly register for access to the course. You may access this workshop at any time through your dashboard!
This class is designed for students who have never sewn – so no previous knowledge is preferred!
Due to the digital nature of this course, refunds are not available.